Crunchy Orzo Salad with BBQ Roasted Fava Beans
We can't get enough of our refreshing and crunchy orzo salad. The addition of mint adds an extra burst of flavour, and a squeeze of lemon brings a zesty twist 🍋 Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for lunches. For maximum crunch, add the beans in when serving. Enjoy!
Serving size: 4 for a side // 2 for a main
Prep time: 30 minutes
Vegetarian / Vegan
- 1 cup of orzo
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1/4 or 1/2 a red onion (to your taste)
- 6 radishes
- A handful of fresh mint
- A squeeze of lemon
- Feta (leave out for a vegan option)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp oil (to dress) - Rapeseed oil is our fave
- 50g of Barbeque Roasted Fava Beans
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add 1 cup of orzo. Cook for 10 mins on a medium heat and then turn the hob off and leave the pasta for another 10 minutes to absorb the water / cook further. After this time, and once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- Chop your tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, onion and mint and add to the cooled orzo.
- Crumble some feta in (leave out for a vegan option)
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Dress with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of oil.
- Add the Barbeque Roasted Fava Beans
- Mix together and enjoy.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.