Borlotti bean salsa with chilli & lemon roasted fava beans
This salsa is delicious in it's own right, but also makes a great side - perfect for BBQs. Also try as a filling in a pitta bread or even with our tasty fava bean flatbreads.
Borlotti beans are some of the most colourful beans available. These beans are incredibly popular in Italy and Portugal, due to their creamy texture and versatile nature. From casseroles to salads, to this beautiful salsa, the borlotti beans is so simple to prepare in meals and side dishes.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 15 minutes
- A can of borlotti beans
- 1 tomato, diced
- Half a red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- An avocado, diced
- Chilli and Lemon Roasted Fava Bean Snacks
- Finely dice the tomato, onion and avocado.
- Place into a large bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a handful of Chilli and Lemon fava beans over the top and serve up. Enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.