Fava bean flatbread recipe
These flatbreads are super easy to make, and only take a few mins to cook. We think they are the perfect accompaniment to most meals!
Try them with a humble chilli, or even a curry if you are so inclined. In fact, they'd be absolutely delicious with our light and tasty tomato and mozzarella with salt and vinegar roasted fava beans recipe.
Fava bean flour is UK grown, full of nutritional value and a great gluten free option. It has a subtle, almost nutty taste and is a definite must try! You can buy it quickly and easily from our friends at Hodmedods.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 30 minutes
- 75g fava bean flour
- 45ml water
- Good twist of black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of rapeseed oil
- Pre heat a pan - it needs to be very hot.
- Add all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well until you have a dough.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough. Then, place in the hot pan.
- After a few mins, when you see the dough start to form bubbles and the underside is golden/charred, flip over. Do the same to the other side.
- When golden on both sides, take them out the pan. Served best hot!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.