Homemade Coleslaw with Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Roasted Fava Beans
This is the ultimate winter coleslaw - great as a side for early season BBQs, light lunches or a quick snack. Also try as a filling in a pitta bread or even with our tasty fava bean flatbreads.
Serving size: 4
Prep time: Under 20 minutes
Vegetarian / Vegan
- 1/2 a red cabbage
- 1/2 a white cabbage
- 1/2 a red onion
- large handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar Roasted Fava Bean Snacks
- Quarter the cabbage through the core, then cut out the core. Cut each quarter crosswise in half and finely shred. Place the shredded cabbage in a very large bow (you'll need plenty of room to mix!)
- Add your shredded carrot and finely chopped parsley to the bowl, and mix.
- In a separate bowl. stir the mayonnaise vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together. Taste and adjust as you wish. If the dressing is too sharp, you can add in a little sugar to make it sweeter.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl and mix well.
- Enjoy straight away, or let it sit in the fridge for the cabbage to soften and the flavours to mingle.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.