Pear, Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad with Lightly Salted Fava Beans
This tasty winter salad has the perfect balance of sweet and savoury, with the bitter kick of the chicory mellowed by the sweet crunchy pear. Ideal as a nut-free salad option for a dinner party or a simple but delicious lunch.
Serving size: 4
Prep time: Under 15 minutes
Vegetarian option available
- 3 heads of chicory
- 2 ripe but firm pears, cored and quartered
- 100g blue cheese (we love Shepherds Purse), crumbled or vegetarian alternative
- Handful of Lightly Salted Roasted Fava Bean Snacks
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- A glug of Charlie and Ivy's Blackberry, Thyme and Balsamic Bread Dipper
- Prepare the chicory by taking off the outer leaves and cutting out the base root. Then slice lengthways into long, thin slivers. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Cut all pear quarters into 3 and then toss with a good glug of the Blackberry, Thyme and Balsamic Bread Dipper.
- Add the parsley to the bowl along with the roasted fava beans. Crumble in the blue cheese, then and mix well. Serve straight away and enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.