Tomato Panzanella with Chilli and Lemon Roasted Fava Beans
This panzanella makes you want to be in Tuscany; fresh and tasty, dressed with tangy balsamic, complete with a kick of chilli from our snacks.
What is panzanella?
Panzanella or panmolle is a Tuscan salad that includes soaked stale bread, onions and tomatoes that is particularly popular in the summer. It sometimes includes cucumbers, as well as basil and is dressed with olive oil and vinegar. In more recent years, it has become popular in other parts of central Italy.
Perfect as a side dish with chicken based dishes like our delicious bang bang chicken.
Here's what you'll need to make this tasty dish...
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 30 minutes
- A handful of tomatoes (different colour heritage ones if possible)
- The end of a sourdough loaf
- 2 tsps of capers
- Half a red onion
- A good glug of balsamic vinegar
- A glug of olive/rapeseed oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 pack of Chilli and Lemon Roasted Fava Bean Snacks
- Cut tomatoes roughly, the more different shapes the better.
- Thinly slice the red onion and combine in a bowl with the capers.
- Put a frying pan on a low heat with a good glug of oil.
- Rip the sourdough into chunks and throw in, turning occasionally until crisp.
- Make the dressing! Combine oil, vinegar and a good pinch of salt. A guide is three parts oil to one part vinegar but everyone’s taste is different.
- Add dressing to the tomatoes and toss in toasted bread and a good handful of our Chilli and Lemon Roasted Fava Beans.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.