Fava Bean Flapjack
This is a healthier version of a standard flapjack recipe, packed full of more protein and less sugar! Our Lightly Salted Roasted Fava Bean Snacks add just the right amount of sweet - salty balance.
For more sweet treats, why not take a look at our tasty fava bean chocolate.
Flapjacks are a super popular snack, especially versions high in protein. Did you know that even Shakespeare mentioned flapjacks in one of his plays?
To create these tasty treats, take a look our recipe below.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 30 minutes (not including cooling time)
- 250g of jumbo porridge oats
- 1 bag of Lightly Salted Roasted Fava Bean Snack
- 125g of butter
- 2 tbsps of peanut butter
- 2 tbsps of golden syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Start by lining a tray with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter.
- Add the golden syrup and peanut butter whilst still on the heat and mix well.
- Add the jumbo oats and fava beans, then mix everything together.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tray and bake for 20mins (or until golden).
- Leave to cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.