Papaya and Cucumber Thai Salad with Lightly Salted Roasted Fava Beans
This salad is super fresh, with matchstick cut papaya and cucumber, coriander, zingy mint and fiery chilli.
With its Thai-inspired flavours, this is the perfect dish to have with fish dishes, as well as chicken and vegetarian meals. For dessert, how about skipping anything heavy and enjoying a piece of fava bean chocolate with a movie?
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 15 minutes
- 1 papaya (peeled and deseeded)
- Half a cucumber
- A bunch of coriander
- A bunch of mint
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lime
- Fish sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Cut the papaya and cucumber into matchsticks two to three inches long.
- Pick mint leaves, then roughly chop coriander, mint and red chilli together.
- In a large bowl, squeeze half the lime’s juice, add the same quantity of fish sauce, and the sugar then whisk together.
- Add papaya, cucumber, coriander, mint and red chilli into the bowl and toss in the dressing.
- Sprinkle over Lightly Salted Roasted Fava Bean Snacks and serve!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.