Smashed cucumber and fava beans salad
This salad is refreshingly delicious and so easy to make. Plus smashing the cucumbers is so satisfying (especially if you have had a bad day!)
Cucumbers are incredibly low in calories, meaning they're a great option if you're on a fitness plan. They're high in antioxidants, and good for your body's hydration.
Because cucumbers are composed of so much water (around 96% in fact), they are really effective at promoting hydration and can help you meet your daily fluid needs.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 15 minutes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli oil (variable depending on how you like spice!)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pack of fava bean snacks of your choice
- Smash the cucumbers with a rolling pin, then chop.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle with fava beans and serve! It makes a great side dish or snack too. Enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.