Chocolate, Walnut and Salted Fava Bean Cookies
We’ve come up with the best cookie recipe ever - soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside kind of good.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: Under 30 minutes
What you’ll need:
• 140g melted butter
• 115g soft light brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 150g self-raising flour
• 100g plain flour
• 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 40g milk chocolate and 40g dark chocolate
• 30g walnuts
• 40g lightly salted roasted fava bean snacks
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Melt the butter, combine with both sugars and mix into a paste.
- Add the egg, flours and bicarb of soda.
- Gently bring together with a wooden spoon to form a thick dough.
- Break the chocolate and walnut into chunks.
- Add them and the lightly salted fava bean snacks into the dough and bring together with your hands.
- Leave the dough in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Divide the cookie dough, roll into balls and put on lined baking trays.
- Bake for 17-20mins, until they’re golden around the edges.
- The centres might look soft but they will set as they cool!
- They’re delicious warm (and maybe with a bit of ice cream too if you're so inclined).
Enjoy this recipe? Check out our other fava bean recipes.